Wednesday, July 18, 2007

sunshine inside a clock

There are these days where I feel... nothing.

It is as if I am insignificant, a nobody, just another expendable cog in one giant clock where I rotate and turn and suffer a million times for every single tick the clock makes.

This is the place where time is the slowest. The next three days are no different. Tick tack tick tack. Time creeps; I am trapped in the middle, neither awake nor asleep. But then, there is this spark that sends a weird but wonderful pulse waking my numbing nerves. That's when I remember her. That's when I smile.

Absurd as it may seem, whenever I think of her I feel as if that this big cold untiring clock I am in doesn't matter. I am part of something or someone that gives far more meaning to living. And it amazes me infinitely to know that she is there.

In this world of clockworks, I smile silently with the thought of her. Imagining her frees me. I see her everywhere. I see her in the sky and in the leaves. I see her through another window, in another world where everything is made up of one's and zero's. I see her in the running water and in the mirror. I see her at my fingertips. And those small hours are enough to make me shine in a world where everything is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment